Downunder Travel Insurance

For citizens of: United Kingdom Australia New Zealand

Downunder insurance is a great choice for Brits heading off to Australia/New Zealand on a working holiday with a short stopover in Asia. If you intend on spending 75% of your trip in Australia/New Zealand then you'll essentially get the Asia part of your trip covered without having to pay more. As so many Brits make Asia their stop on their way down under, it's worth a look.

*** GET A DOWNUNDER INSURANCE QUOTE ***

Policy Type

Backpacker Worldwide (including Canada, USA and Japan)

Age Restriction

Under 55.

Policy Price

Medical Coverage

2,000,000

Cancellation or Curtailment

1,000

Belongings

1,000 (100 single item limit)

Travel Documents

25

Personal Liability

2,000,000

Personal Accident

15,000

Legal Expenses

5,000

Work Covered

Work is covered with the exception of work involving the use of heavy machinery or manual labour above ground level. Fruit picking is not considered manual labour so working with ladders is covered.

Countries Covered

UK, Australia, New Zealand

One-way Travel

With Downunder you are able to travel on a one-way ticket as long as it is your intention to return to the UK

Excess Waver

On the Australian and New Zealand policies you can pay an extra 10% to have the excess waved.

Travel to Australia and/or New Zealand

If you are heading to Australia and/or New Zealand and spend at least 75% of your time there you will be covered for the other 25% of your travels in Asia without having to buy worldwide coverage.


*** GET A DOWNUNDER INSURANCE QUOTE ***